You have not yet added any article to your bookmarks!
Join 10k+ people to get notified about new posts, news and tips.
Do not worry we don't spam!
Post by : Meena Ariff
Photo: Reuters
In a strong and united message, the United States and many of its allies in NATO have accused Iran of making serious threats against people living in Europe and North America. These countries say Iran must stop trying to hurt dissidents, journalists, Jewish people, and even former government officials living outside of Iran.
A joint statement released on Thursday by 14 countries clearly said that Iran’s actions are breaking international rules and are a danger to peace and safety. The countries that signed this statement include the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Canada, Spain, Sweden, and others. One country that is not part of NATO but signed the statement is Austria, where the United Nations’ nuclear agency is based.
What Did the Countries Say?
In the statement, the countries said:
“We are united in our opposition to the attempts of Iranian intelligence services to kill, kidnap, and harass people in Europe and North America in clear violation of our sovereignty.”
This means these countries are standing together against Iran’s secret intelligence forces, who are trying to hurt or threaten people living in their lands. The statement also said that Iranian intelligence groups are working together with dangerous international criminals to attack journalists, former government officials, Jewish citizens, and activists who have spoken out against the Iranian government.
The countries agreed that if Iran continues these actions, it will be seen as a serious violation of their independence. They promised to work together to stop any future plots. They also told Iran to stop these illegal activities right away.
No Specific Attacks Named—But Warnings Are Growing
The statement did not mention one single event or attack, but it was clear that these countries are deeply worried. For many years, the United States and European countries have warned that Iran has been planning and attempting attacks on their soil.
British intelligence agencies, for example, have raised red flags about the increasing number of plots that seem to come from Tehran. Right now, three men in the United Kingdom are facing charges because they are believed to be spying for Iran. They are accused of watching journalists based in the UK who worked for a news group that reports on Iran.
Iran’s Threat Is “Persistent and Unpredictable”
Just this month, a group in the British Parliament that handles intelligence and security said, “Iran poses a wide-ranging, persistent and unpredictable threat to the UK.” That means the threat from Iran is not only constant but also very hard to predict.
A few weeks ago, in early July, German prosecutors said they had arrested a man in Denmark. This man was reportedly collecting information about Jewish places and people in Berlin. The authorities believe he was doing this for Iranian intelligence and possibly planning attacks. The officials have not shared more details about this case yet.
Former US Officials No Longer Protected
Although the threat from Iran is growing, something unusual happened earlier this year. The United States government decided to stop providing special protection to several officials who had worked during former President Donald Trump’s time in office. These protections were paid for by the government because there were serious threats from Iran against these former officials.
During President Biden’s term, the protection had been continued due to these risks. Those who were protected include former National Security Advisor John Bolton, former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, former Iran envoy Brian Hook, and some top military officers. However, that support has now been taken away, raising questions about whether they are still safe.
What Does This Mean for Everyone?
This joint statement by NATO countries and Austria shows how seriously world leaders are taking Iran’s actions. When countries like the United States, Canada, Germany, and others come together to speak out, it means something major is happening.
They are not only standing up for their people but also for the safety of people who may have fled Iran in search of freedom. Many of these people, like dissidents, journalists, and activists, left Iran because they feared punishment for speaking the truth. Now, even far from home, they are being targeted again.
By speaking out together, these countries are sending a powerful message to Iran: "You cannot harm people in our countries. You cannot break our rules. And we will stand together to protect our people.”
What Happens Next?
It’s still not clear how Iran will respond to this strong warning. The government of Iran has not yet given a public reply to the joint statement. But the countries that signed the statement have made their position very clear. They will not accept these threats on their land, and they will continue to work together to stop any future dangers.
The world is watching closely to see if Iran will stop its harmful actions or if the situation will grow more serious. For now, the message is loud and clear: people deserve to feel safe—no matter where they are from or where they live.
George Russell Wins Dutch GP Sprint, Boosts Mercedes Morale
George Russell wins the Dutch GP Sprint from pole as Mercedes teammate Kimi Antonelli extends his F1
Australia 50/3 After Bangladesh Bowled Out for 64 in Second Test
Australia reached 50/3 after Bangladesh were bowled out for 64 in the second Test, with Mitchell Sta
Jordan Burroughs Returns to Wrestling with 2028 Olympic Dream
Jordan Burroughs returns to wrestling with Real American Freestyle as the Olympic champion eyes a po
Lamborghini Catches Fire on Singapore's ECP, Causing Heavy Traffic
A Lamborghini caught fire on Singapore's ECP, causing heavy traffic and bus delays. No injuries were
Bangkok Airport Duty-Free Area Flooded by Pipe Burst
A burst water pipe flooded the duty-free shopping area at Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport on July 16,
Nine Monks Killed in Thailand Pickup Truck Tragedy
An 11-year-old boy driving a pickup truck crashed into monks during a pilgrimage in northeastern Tha