Search

Saved articles

You have not yet added any article to your bookmarks!

Newsletter image

Subscribe to the Newsletter

Join 10k+ people to get notified about new posts, news and tips.

Do not worry we don't spam!

Israeli Forces Kill Three Palestinian Militants In West Bank Raid

Israeli Forces Kill Three Palestinian Militants In West Bank Raid

Post by : Rameen Ariff

In a major overnight operation, Israeli forces killed three Palestinian militants in the northern part of the occupied West Bank, the Israeli military confirmed on Tuesday. The operation took place near the town of Jenin, a known militant stronghold, as part of Israel’s continued campaign to curb armed groups operating in the region.

According to a statement from the Israeli military, the militants were hiding inside a cave near Jenin. When Israeli troops surrounded the area, two militants were shot dead in the initial exchange of gunfire, while the third — who was wounded — was killed shortly after. Israeli authorities stated that all three had “taken part in terror activity in Jenin,” though no further details were provided.

An Israeli airstrike was later launched to destroy the cave where the militants were found, ensuring that no weapons or explosives remained. The Israeli forces described the operation as part of a series of targeted actions against militants operating in the West Bank, particularly those believed to be planning attacks on Israeli civilians and soldiers.

The West Bank operation comes amid heightened tensions across the region following the October 7, 2023 Hamas attack, which triggered the ongoing war in Gaza. Since then, Israel has intensified its military operations in the West Bank, claiming that they have successfully dismantled several militant cells. However, Palestinians and human rights groups argue that the operations have led to heavy civilian casualties and large-scale displacement, affecting thousands of families.

Local residents reported that heavy gunfire and explosions were heard through the night near Jenin, an area that has seen repeated clashes between Israeli forces and Palestinian militants over the past year. The town has become one of the central flashpoints of the conflict, with multiple raids and arrests carried out by Israeli troops.

Meanwhile, the U.S.-brokered ceasefire in Gaza, which began on October 10, remains in effect. As part of the truce agreement, Hamas has so far returned the remains of 16 Israeli hostages, while Israel has handed over 195 Palestinian bodies to Gaza. Israeli officials said another 12 bodies are yet to be recovered.

In addition, Israel freed around 2,000 Palestinian prisoners, most of whom were detained during the Gaza war. The Justice Ministry confirmed that 250 of them were serving prison sentences for attacks on Israelis dating back decades.

Despite the fragile truce in Gaza, the Israeli military’s West Bank operations continue to stir tensions, with both sides accusing each other of escalating the conflict. The deaths of the three militants near Jenin add to the growing toll of violence in the occupied West Bank, underscoring the region’s volatile security situation even amid ongoing ceasefire talks.

Keywords: Israeli forces kill Palestinian militants, West Bank operation, Jenin raid, Israeli military West Bank, Palestinian militants killed, Israel Palestine conflict, Gaza truce, Israeli airstrike Jenin

Israel Kills Three Palestinian Militants In West Bank Operation

In a pre-dawn operation on Tuesday, Israeli forces killed three Palestinian militants in the northern part of the occupied West Bank, according to the Israeli military. The confrontation took place near Jenin, a town long known as a militant stronghold.

Israeli authorities said the Palestinian militants were hiding inside a cave when they were found and shot as they emerged. Two of the militants were killed immediately in the initial burst of gunfire, while the third — who was wounded — was later confirmed dead. The Israeli military claimed that all three had been involved in “terror activities” in Jenin, though it did not provide specific details.

Shortly after the gunfire, Israel launched an airstrike to destroy the cave where the Palestinian militants had been hiding. The military confirmed the strike but did not release additional information. This operation is part of Israel’s broader military campaign across the occupied West Bank, which has intensified since the October 7, 2023 Hamas attack that ignited the ongoing Gaza war.

Israel maintains that its operations in the West Bank are aimed at dismantling militant networks and preventing future attacks. However, Palestinian officials and human rights groups argue that many civilians have been caught in the crossfire. Reports suggest that dozens of uninvolved Palestinians have been killed and thousands displaced from their homes as the fighting continues.

Meanwhile, the U.S.-brokered ceasefire in Gaza, in place since October 10, has largely held. On Monday night, Israeli forces confirmed that the remains of another hostage had been returned to Israel as part of the truce agreement. Since the deal began, Hamas has returned the remains of 16 Israeli hostages, while 12 bodies still need to be recovered.

In return, Israel has handed back 195 Palestinian bodies to Gaza, although fewer than half have been identified. On Monday, 41 unidentified bodies were buried in Gaza’s Deir al-Balah, while in Israel, a funeral was held for slain hostage Yossi Sharabi, whose remains were returned earlier this month.

Egypt has deployed teams and heavy machinery to assist in locating the bodies of remaining hostages in Gaza, with recovery work ongoing in Khan Younis. Under the ceasefire, Israel has also released around 2,000 Palestinian prisoners, including 250 individuals convicted in deadly attacks against Israelis over the decades.

The recent killing of the three Palestinian militants highlights the persistent volatility in the occupied West Bank, even as efforts continue to maintain the fragile truce in Gaza.

Oct. 28, 2025 2:56 p.m. 2025

#Global

Myanmar Leader Visits Russia Amid Diplomatic Push and Legal Risks
Aug. 18, 2026 3:55 p.m.
Min Aung Hlaing visits Russia to strengthen Myanmar Russia Relations, while ICC legal risks continue to limit his international travel
Read More
Singapore Father Jailed 9 Months for Abusing Baby Daughter
Aug. 18, 2026 3:30 p.m.
A Singapore father was jailed for 9 months after abusing his infant daughter. The Child Abuse case involved repeated violence against the baby
Read More
Philippines Floods Hit Farmers as Monsoon Rains Continue
Aug. 18, 2026 3 p.m.
Monsoon floods in northern Philippines have damaged homes and crops, while low prices and transport problems are adding to farmers’ losses
Read More
Riyadh Police Apprehend Driver Following Stolen Vehicle Incident
Aug. 18, 2026 1:14 p.m.
In Riyadh, a driver was arrested for drifting in a stolen car, hitting a pedestrian, and fleeing before being taken into custody.
Read More
China Lowers Flags as Zhu Rongji Is Mourned Nationwide
Aug. 18, 2026 12:40 p.m.
China lowered flags at government buildings to mourn former Premier Zhu Rongji, whose reforms transformed the economy and left a complex legacy
Read More
Trump Cuts Korea Drills as Seoul Pushes for US-North Talks
Aug. 18, 2026 12:20 p.m.
South Korea hopes Trump’s decision to reduce joint military drills with Seoul will help restart US-North Korea talks and ease tensions on the Korean Peninsula
Read More
Heavy Rains Kill One in South Korea as Philippines Floods Worsen
Aug. 18, 2026 12:06 p.m.
Heavy monsoon rains killed one in South Korea and injured four, while floods in the Philippines disrupted traffic, schools and government services
Read More
Singapore Police Investigate Assault of Elderly Man After Child Pat
Aug. 18, 2026 11:04 a.m.
Singapore police are investigating a 40-year-old man accused of pushing a 73-year-old food stall owner after he patted a young girl’s head
Read More
67-Year-Old Man Dies in Jurong East Flat Fire, 50 Evacuated
Aug. 17, 2026 5:29 p.m.
A 67-year-old man died in a Jurong East flat fire. Around 50 residents were evacuated as SCDF firefighters brought the blaze under control
Read More