Search

Saved articles

You have not yet added any article to your bookmarks!

Newsletter image

Subscribe to the Newsletter

Join 10k+ people to get notified about new posts, news and tips.

Do not worry we don't spam!

Teen Couple Held in Melaka Abortion Case

Teen Couple Held in Melaka Abortion Case

Post by : Shakul

Melaka police have uncovered two serious concealment of birth cases this year, including one involving a teenage couple who allegedly attempted to terminate a five-month pregnancy using medication. The case gained public attention after a 17-year-old girl was admitted to Hospital Melaka with severe bleeding and pregnancy-related health complications. Medical staff quickly informed authorities after suspecting that an illegal abortion attempt had taken place.

According to police investigations, the teenage girl and her 18-year-old boyfriend had allegedly planned the abortion together. Investigators believe the couple used pills in an attempt to end the pregnancy at home. The incident reportedly became critical when the girl’s health condition worsened, forcing her family to seek emergency medical treatment. Doctors at the hospital immediately began treatment while also notifying law enforcement officers about the suspected criminal act.

Melaka police chief Datuk Dzulkhairi Mukhtar stated that officers later discovered that the male suspect had allegedly removed the foetus from the teenager’s home after the incident. Police said the young man reportedly intended to secretly bury the foetus behind his house in order to hide evidence connected to the case. Investigators further revealed that the foetus was first kept inside a vehicle parked at the suspect’s residence before police action was taken.

Authorities arrested the 18-year-old suspect at around 11.40 pm on the same day the hospital report was filed. The teenage girl was later detained after doctors discharged her from the hospital. Police have continued collecting statements and medical evidence as part of the ongoing investigation. Officials believe the case highlights growing concerns regarding unsafe abortion attempts among teenagers and the lack of awareness about reproductive health and legal consequences.

Police confirmed that the male suspect is expected to face charges under Section 318 of the Penal Code for concealment of birth through secret disposal of a body. Meanwhile, the 17-year-old girl may be charged under Section 315 for allegedly causing the death of a newborn child before birth. Authorities said both suspects are expected to appear before the Ayer Keroh court on Friday for further legal proceedings.

In another disturbing case linked to Melaka this year, police investigated a separate incident involving a young woman who allegedly gave birth alone in August last year. Reports stated that the newborn baby was later handed over to her lover. Investigators believe the baby eventually died before being secretly buried in front of an abandoned house in Kelemak, Alor Gajah.

Police later recovered skeletal remains believed to belong to the infant during a search operation at the location. The discovery shocked local residents and triggered a wider investigation into the actions of several individuals connected to the case. Authorities subsequently arrested five people aged between 16 and 40 for questioning regarding the incident. However, all suspects were later released on police bail while investigations continued.

The two separate cases have raised serious public concern across Malaysia regarding teenage pregnancies, unsafe abortion attempts, and child concealment crimes. Social groups and community leaders have urged families, schools, and healthcare organisations to improve awareness programs for young people. Many experts believe stronger education and emotional support systems are necessary to prevent such tragic incidents from happening again.

Police officials have assured the public that both investigations will be carried out thoroughly and fairly. Authorities also warned that any attempt to conceal births or illegally dispose of bodies is considered a serious criminal offence under Malaysian law. The upcoming court hearings are expected to attract significant public attention as both cases continue to develop in Melaka.

May 6, 2026 10:15 a.m. 507

#Asia News #Global #Malaysia News #police news #Courtroom

Myanmar Leader Visits Russia Amid Diplomatic Push and Legal Risks
Aug. 18, 2026 3:55 p.m.
Min Aung Hlaing visits Russia to strengthen Myanmar Russia Relations, while ICC legal risks continue to limit his international travel
Read More
Singapore Father Jailed 9 Months for Abusing Baby Daughter
Aug. 18, 2026 3:30 p.m.
A Singapore father was jailed for 9 months after abusing his infant daughter. The Child Abuse case involved repeated violence against the baby
Read More
Philippines Floods Hit Farmers as Monsoon Rains Continue
Aug. 18, 2026 3 p.m.
Monsoon floods in northern Philippines have damaged homes and crops, while low prices and transport problems are adding to farmers’ losses
Read More
Riyadh Police Apprehend Driver Following Stolen Vehicle Incident
Aug. 18, 2026 1:14 p.m.
In Riyadh, a driver was arrested for drifting in a stolen car, hitting a pedestrian, and fleeing before being taken into custody.
Read More
China Lowers Flags as Zhu Rongji Is Mourned Nationwide
Aug. 18, 2026 12:40 p.m.
China lowered flags at government buildings to mourn former Premier Zhu Rongji, whose reforms transformed the economy and left a complex legacy
Read More
Trump Cuts Korea Drills as Seoul Pushes for US-North Talks
Aug. 18, 2026 12:20 p.m.
South Korea hopes Trump’s decision to reduce joint military drills with Seoul will help restart US-North Korea talks and ease tensions on the Korean Peninsula
Read More
Heavy Rains Kill One in South Korea as Philippines Floods Worsen
Aug. 18, 2026 12:06 p.m.
Heavy monsoon rains killed one in South Korea and injured four, while floods in the Philippines disrupted traffic, schools and government services
Read More
Singapore Police Investigate Assault of Elderly Man After Child Pat
Aug. 18, 2026 11:04 a.m.
Singapore police are investigating a 40-year-old man accused of pushing a 73-year-old food stall owner after he patted a young girl’s head
Read More
67-Year-Old Man Dies in Jurong East Flat Fire, 50 Evacuated
Aug. 17, 2026 5:29 p.m.
A 67-year-old man died in a Jurong East flat fire. Around 50 residents were evacuated as SCDF firefighters brought the blaze under control
Read More